COMMERCIAL FEATURE: Access the Sensu Elasticsearch Handler integration in the packaged Sensu Go distribution. For more information, see Get started with commercial features.
The Sensu Elasticsearch Handler plugin is a Sensu handler that sends observation data from Sensu events and metrics to Elasticsearch. With this handler, the Sensu observation data you send to Elasticsearch is available for indexing and visualization in Kibana.
NOTE: The Sensu Elasticsearch Handler plugin is an example of Sensu’s time-series and long-term event storage integrations. To find more integrations, search Bonsai, the Sensu asset hub.
- Query metrics points within Elasticsearch: the handler automatically mutates metrics data by creating a top-level object with metric point names and their associated values.
- Index entire events for searching within Kibana.
- Use daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly index specification (e.g. sensu_evnts-2020-11-10).
- Omit the transmission of certain redundant event fields to reduce the number of items indexed.
- Specify custom values for Sensu event metric points via metric tags.
- Use event-based templating to include observation data from event attributes to add meaningful, actionable context.
- Keep your Elasticsearch username and password secure with Sensu environment variables and secrets management.
Get the plugin
For a turnkey experience with the Sensu Elasticsearch Handler plugin, use our curated, configurable quick-start template for events and metrics data storage.
Add the Sensu Elasticsearch Handler plugin with a dynamic runtime asset from Bonsai, the Sensu asset hub, to build your own workflow or integrate Sensu with your existing Elasticsearch workflows. Dynamic runtime assets are shareable, reusable packages that make it easier to deploy Sensu plugins.